Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) - $25
TSH, Free T4, and Free T3 - $58
TSH, Free T3, Free T4, TPO antibody, and Reverse T3 - $98
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) - TSH is the preferred test for hypothyroidism screening and monitoring thyroid hormone therapy. See thyroid-stimulating hormone for more.
- Free T4 (thyroxine) - T4 is the main thyroid hormone secreted by the thyroid gland (∼ 100 mcg/day in an average size person). In peripheral tissues (e.g. liver, kidney, brain, skeletal muscle), T4 is converted to T3, a more potent form of thyroid hormone. Free T4, which is unbound to protein, is the active form of T4.
- Free T3 (triiodothyronine) - T3 is the most active form of thyroid hormone. T3 is 3 - 4 times more potent than T4. The thyroid gland secretes ∼ 6 mcg/day of T3 in an average size person. In peripheral tissues (e.g. kidney, brain, liver, skeletal muscle), T4 is converted to T3, producing ∼ 23 mcg/day. Free T3, which is unbound to protein, is the active form of T3.
- Thyroid peroxidase (TPO) antibodies - TPO antibodies are autoimmune antibodies formed against the thyroid peroxidase enzyme. The presence of TPO antibodies is a risk factor for autoimmune thyroiditis. See TPO antibodies and autoimmune thyroiditis for more.
- Reverse T3 - Reverse T3 is the biologically inactive form of T3. See reverse T3 for more.
HOW IT WORKS
- Labs through Texas Telemedicine Doctor are performed at Clinical Pathology Laboratories (CPL). You can find the nearest location here - CPL locations.
- Click on the "Buy now" button and pay securely through Stripe (credit, debit, HSA, FSA cards accepted). You do not need to see a doctor. There are no other costs, no hidden "draw fees" at checkout, and you do not pay CPL anything. We can order any lab, so if there is a specific lab you are interested in, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will get you a price. We can also order any lab through Quest®.
- After you pay for the labs, you will be taken to a form where you provide the information we need to order your labs.
- You will receive a lab slip in your email within 24 hours. If time is of the essence, you can text us at 512-588-2507, and we can tell you how soon we can get you your lab slip.
- Go to the lab with your lab slip and have your specimen(s) drawn. You can walk in to any CPL location (CPL locations). You do not need an appointment.
- Receive your results via secure, HIPAA-compliant email, typically within 3 days. Please note that the Quantiferon TB Gold Plus test can take up to 6 days to come back.